Walker still holding out on casino decision
MADISON, Wis. (AP) – Gov. Scott Walker still isn’t saying what his decision will be on approving a new casino in Kenosha. Walker spokesman Tom Evenson says the governor is not expected to make an announcement Wednesday. Walker has said he intends to make his decision known sometime this week, but he’s set deadlines before and pushed them back. Earlier this week Walker said he was looking for a “creative way to move this forward” and finding a way to balance concerns brought by opponents of the project. Walker has consistently said that all 11 Wisconsin tribes must support the Menominee’s proposed off-reservation casino. But the Ho-Chunk and Potawatomi have been steadfastly against it. Supporters say the project will create jobs and boost the state’s economy, while opponents say those promises are overblown.
Comments are closed.