Man dies in Farmington fire
FARMINGTON, Wis. (AP) – A 70-year-old man died after he became trapped in a fire in the town of Farmington. The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports a 74-year-old woman was able to escape the fire early Saturday at a tavern called Dick’s Club 144. Authorities say they learned of the fire early Saturday when a motorist saw flames coming out of a first-story window. The Washington County Sheriff’s Department says the man and woman were sleeping in the residence on the second story when they awoke to smoke. The man went downstairs to investigate and collapsed. The woman reached a second-story balcony and was rescued by West Bend firefighters. The names of the man and woman were not released. The fire is being investigated. It’s not clear if the building had working smoke detectors.
(Information in the following story is from: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, http://www.jsonline.com)
Comments are closed.