Man, 61, dies in Racine house fire
RACINE, Wis. (AP) – Authorities say careless smoking caused a house fire that killed a 61-year-old man in Racine. Firefighters were called to the home just before midnight Tuesday and found fire coming from the roof. Once firefighters were able to force their way inside, they found Mark Halonen on a couch in the living room, where the fire started. Lt. Craig Ford of the Racine Fire Department tells The Journal Times (http://bit.ly/1nv4Ez3) the fire was caused by careless use of smoking materials. Racine County Medical Examiner Michael Payne says Halonen died of thermal injures from the flames and extreme heat. Crews worked on boarding up the damaged home early Wednesday.
Information from: The Journal Times, http://www.journaltimes.com
Comments are closed.