Group Home Death
RACINE, Wis. (AP) – A mother is suing a Burlington assisted living center, after her daughter choked on a bagel there and later died. Linda Berger has filed a wrongful death lawsuit alleging Wanda Frogg Villa/Meadowhaven, its owner and others were negligent in the death of 49-year-old Kelly Jorgenson, who was brain damaged during birth. The suit contends staff knew Jorgenson would sneak food, that she wasn’t allowed to eat without supervision and knew she had a choking risk. The suit says she was unsupervised when she choked in July 2011. Her mother disconnected her life support 15 days later. The center’s lawyer, Amy Scholl, denied the allegations in her written response to the complaint and filed a motion to dismiss the suit. The Journal Times reports (http://bit.ly/13dhhFi ) the case returns to court Aug. 27.
— Information from: The Journal Times, http://www.journaltimes.com
Comments are closed.