Bank Vault Fumes
DARLINGTON, Wis. (AP) – Four people were taken to a hospital with respiratory problems after breathing fumes from an aerosol can that built up in a Wisconsin bank vault. Darlington police say it happened just after 10 a.m. Tuesday at the Citizens Bank. Three bank employees and a customer were sickened when fumes from the aerosol can were released when the closed bank vault was opened. Police say the aerosol can contained static neutralizer for use on electronics. A preliminary investigation finds the can either was punctured or somehow released all of its contents inside the vault overnight. A hazmat team was among the crews that helped out at the bank. The Capital Times (http://bit.ly/UmIEcf) reports Darlington fire personnel stayed at the bank for about an hour and a half, ventilating the building.
— Information from: The Capital Times, http://www.madison.com/tct
Comments are closed.