Town of Necedah house fire
The Juneau County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public’s help regarding a structure fire in the Town of Necedah last month. Detective Tim Andres said, “we got a call on October 24th, 2012 from the landowner, David Santana. Santana arrived from Madison to his vacation property at W6797 23rd Street to find the only thing left was the block foundation, everything was burned to the foundation. Investigation revealed there was an obvious explosion. Busted glass was found 125-feet from the house but there was no structure blowout. No 2×4 wood splinters were found by the State Fire Marshall,” said Andres, “who ruled the cause of the fire was a vapor explosion. But the water wasn’t turned on in the house, there was no septic, and no LP gas tank.” Andres said, “the Oakdale Electric Company meter stopped running on Sunday morning, October 14th, 2012 at 12:20am. There was no lightning strikes in the area according to the Weather Service.” “The grass wasn’t burned, only singe about an area of 5-feet around the house. If anybody heard anything that morning, please call the Sheriff’s Office at 847-5649. The house was located about a third mile off 23rd Street in the Town of Necedah.”
Comments are closed.