House fire south of Adams
The Adams Fire Department responded to a house fire Friday morning about 4-miles south of the City of Adams along Highway 13. Fire Chief Mike Rusch said, “The unoccupied house was fully engulfed in flames when fire fighters arrived. A passerby reported seeing an excessive amount of smoke coming from the chimney. The fire started in the corner of the basement where the wood stove was located. The first floor gave way and then the roof collapsed. The house is a total loss. The family of three was not home at the time. Adams was the primary fire department. Mutual aid was given by Quincy and New Chester Fire Departments. Crews were on the scene for five hours.” The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Comments are closed.