Fire damaged insulation sets outside the Roman Castle Restaurant Wednesday morning following a ceiling fire Tuesday evening.

A Mauston business is closed due to a fire.  Mauston Fire Chief Kim Hale said, “the Roman Castle Restaurant on the City’s east side was open Tuesday night when employees heard something and saw smoke in the kitchen area.  The fire started in the false ceiling but the origin is undetermined.”  Everybody was out when fire fighters arrived around 8pm.  Hale said, “there is heavy smoke damage to the building.  The ceiling tiles and insulation will have to be replaced as will the electrical wiring.  The metal building is standing but Alliant Energy has shut-off the natural gas and electricity.”